Most of my existing kitchen stuff is a light green (seafoam, celeste) color, similar to avocado. If colors aside from black and white are available, a color closest to that green would match best.
- Reusable chopsticks
- Bread baking tools (loaf pans, bannetons, baguete couches)
- Zwilling Pro Boning Knife
- Mandolin (the kind with a blade, not the kind with strings that makes music)
- Carving board (my last one was brutally murdered in a dishwashing accident)
- Cleaning stuff (Muc-Off has prebuilt kits like this one and this one
- Small, low torque torque wrench (Range needs to go down as low as 5, eg this Park Tool wrench which is likely a rebranded generic wrench or this Topeak wrench)
- Telephone Road, Texas: A History and Guide to Telephone Road and Southeast Houston by Burton Chapman
- The Age of Surveilance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power by Shoshana Zuboff
- No Foreign Food: The American Diet In Time And Place by Richard Pillsbury
- Eating History: Thirty Turning Points in the Making of American Cuisine by Andrew Smith
- A Revolution in Eating: How the Quest for Food Shapred America by James McWilliams
- Taste: My Life Through Food by Stanley Tucci
(Any of these already being framed would be even more better :D)
- A print of this photo. This is from an old article, so you'll have to contact WaPo HERE. The original link is HERE which should make it easy for them to locate the file for you.
- Print of the piece Wave of the Future by Grafik (High res sample here)
- Various pieces by Jared Yamahata. I especially like the following. Note that these links are for paper prints. Size is selectable on that page. At the bottom are links for other products including pre-framed prints and higher quality canvas and metal prints.
Subscriptions / Access
- ChefSteps lifetime subscriptions only
- Texas Monthly - available in one, two, or three year subscriptions.
- 99% Invisible swag
- Display case for my pint glasses