Most of my existing kitchen stuff is a light green (seafoam, celeste) color, similar to avocado. If colors aside from black and white are available, a color closest to that green would match best.
- Reusable chopsticks
- Bread baking tools (loaf pans, bannetons, baguete couches)
- Mandolin (the kind with a blade, not the kind with strings that makes music)
- Carving board (my last one was brutally murdered in a dishwashing accident)
- Collins glasses, especially ones with smaller capacities (~10oz) and very plain like [this one]
- Cocktail picks - I really like the ones made by Viski
- Pretty much anything from Surfside Sips
- Cleaning stuff (Muc-Off has prebuilt kits like this one and this one
- Bib shorts - Don't spend too much on these as they're generally a semi-disposable item. My current shorts are Didoo, which must be ordered from the UK on eBay.
- Bike jerseys, especially brewery or Texas themed. (Search eBay for cool old ones!)
- Telephone Road, Texas: A History and Guide to Telephone Road and Southeast Houston by Burton Chapman
- No Foreign Food: The American Diet In Time And Place by Richard Pillsbury
- Eating History: Thirty Turning Points in the Making of American Cuisine by Andrew Smith
- A Revolution in Eating: How the Quest for Food Shapred America by James McWilliams
- Taste: My Life Through Food by Stanley Tucci
- Le Guide Culinaire by August Escoffier (originally in French, the English edition is published by Wiley and is ISBN 978-0-470-90027-7)
- The Oxford Companion to Spirits and Cocktails by David Wondrich and Noah Rothbaum
(Any of these already being framed would be even more better :D)
- A print of this photo. This is from an old article, so you'll have to contact WaPo HERE. The original link is HERE which should make it easy for them to locate the file for you.
- Print of the piece Wave of the Future by Grafik (High res sample here)
- Various pieces by Jared Yamahata. I especially like the following. Note that these links are for paper prints. Size is selectable on that page. At the bottom are links for other products including pre-framed prints and higher quality canvas and metal prints.
My current record collection may be found [here] and gives an idea what type of stuff I like. Buying from a local record shop is best. For old records online, check out Discogs or eBay. For newer stuff, artist websites are most likley to have things in stock. The usual online shops may be cheaper. Target and Urban Outfitters often have exclusive special editions.
Some things I'm currently seeking:
- Late 60s through late 70s rock in general
- Pink Floyd, especially post-1971
- Daft Punk
- Rolling Stones
- Tame Impala
- The Naked and Famous - Passive Me, AGgressive You
- The Clash - London Calling
- Fleetwood Mac - Rumours, especially the 1977 Jacksonville Pressing [Discogs link]
- EFF Barlow Frontier T-Shirt
- Brown leather belt
- Space stuff, especially featuring The NASA Worm logo
- Gloves, especially if they'll work with a touchscreen.
Subscriptions / Access
- ChefSteps lifetime subscriptions only
- Texas Monthly - available in one, two, or three year subscriptions.
- 99% Invisible swag
- Display case for my pint glasses